From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2009 6:01 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] 80's games suggestion

Hi Dark,
Oh, there are a few bugs. One of them you would die and respaun at the
same place instead of at the beginning of the level. Another bug you
would jump and get stuck in the air. These didn't happen all the time,
but they could get annoying when they did happen.
There also a couple that are more suddle. I was asked to add a command
that would announce the distance and direction to the monsters. Well,
when I started work on that problem I realized I screwed up the game in
a big big way. I had the coordinates system backwards, and of course my
calculations were all coming out screwy. One way or another the game
required a major rewrite/overhall to fix that problem. I wasn't going to
do it until 1.0 was released, but it seams my copyright issues solved
that problem for me.
As it happens I'm sort of disappointed myself in not being able to
deliver that game to the ag community. It was a simple and fun game. One
that would have stood out in the ag community as a good remake of a
classic side-scroller. Now, I've got MOTA, it is a good game in its own
right, but I do understand why a few people are pining away for the
original game.