From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, November 08, 2009 12:09 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Future of accessible games

Hi Dark,
It is certainly true that an especially good game never completely dies
out, but it is also true that interests do change. When I was a kid the
arcade games like Packman, Centapede, Asteroids, etc were the rave.
Every kid I knew had Packman, Missile Command, Asteroids, and some of
the other classic Atari games. While those games have never died out ---
there are still remakes being made today --- they are never-the-less not
as popular as they once were. Today It seams video game developers  have
turned to large FPs style games such as Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, Gear
Wars, Halo, or something like that. There are also several large
multiplayer roll playing games like DC Universe, World of Warcraft, Star
Wars Galaxy of Heroes, etc that have taken the gaming world by storm.
Not saying these are bad, but the trend certainly is no longer Packman,
Galaxian, or Space Invaders any more.