Hi Shaun,
Yes, there are benifit restrictions. It depends on if the person is on SSI or SSDI. In either case there are some restrictions involved. I can't quite remember the exact amounts, but if I'm correct here is how it works for those people on SSI. You can make up to $80 per month without it effecting your SSI benifits. After that you lose a dollar for every two dollars you earn, or something like that. After a certain point Social security cuts the person off at the knees as he/she is making too much to qualify for the program. Plus he or she must turn in their income to the IRS for tax purposes, and the IRS takes their cut of what you made. Failing to inform Social Security and the IRS of your earnings can actually cause the person involved owing both the IRS and Social Security Administration money. Not to say the least the person can do some serious jail time. So making money especially, unreported money, while on SSI can be a serious problem. I'm going to assume here Jim is on SSI or SSDI. Either way for him to take money under that kind of arrangement is very problematic. SSDI is more flexable, but there are still restrictions involved there too.

shaun everiss wrote:
what, why not afford to make ny cash do you have benifit restrictions like
damien does?
In new zealand to some extent we are exempt from said things, ofcause if we are
earning a million bucs then maybe that would go away but hmph.