To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] How to non program a game

Al, saying "i have no idea about programming but a great idea for a game" is a bit like "I have no idea about engineering but a great idea for a car"

you may have a fantastic idea for a car run on hydrogen fuel, ---- but unless you've an idea of hydraulics, fuel convertion, how fuel relates to speed etc, you've got no chance of having a reasonable idea for a car.

I too do not have the time to learn programming. Though I have game ideas, I do not share them or try to commition another person to make them, ---- sinse they might be totally impossible.

I simply store them up in my head until I may possibley at some point have the time to learn.

Your much better considdering what is possible with current techniques, what ideas programmers have for games, and offering your informated in put on those ideas, ---- as nded you are doing on this list and the entombed list, than cranking out wild ideas for games with nobody to make them.

Oh btw, if one of the game creation engines such as Philip's scripting language or Tom's Genesis engine is completed, --- -there may be a very nice short cut to making games without knowing too much programming as well.

That's certainly my hope, ---- though I might considder seeing if I can learn programming when my phd is finished, ---- assuming then of course I'm not busy with creative writing or other projects as is also likely.

Beware the gRue!