Hi Bryan,
Personally, I feel self-voicing the games is a better solution. Not all screen readers have a ready to use API like Window-Eyes and Jaws does. NVDA, for example, doesn't have an API you could just tap into making it more difficult to insure your game works with that screen reader. Therefore you would still have to use Sapi or some other method to make the game accessible to those customers who aren't using Jaws or Window-Eyes anyway. So why not adopt a solution that works for everyone from the outset?

Bryan Peterson wrote:
I've never actually tried using Window-Eyes with Lone Wolf. I tend to use Sapi. But I am glad the game offers that option in case I ever decided to mix things up a bit for variety. And if I was to start developing games I would try to include options for as many screen readers as I could right from the outset so as not to seem like I was targetting one specific group of users.