From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Thomas Ward
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2009 10:35 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] Arcade Mode was Loading and Saving Games

Hi Liam,
Well, to tell the truth I sort of liked the arcade mode as well. One thing I
like about Q9 is the fact I keep trying to top my score, and it reminds me
so much of those classic games of yesterday. However, I'm not completely
sure such an arcade mode would be right for Mysteries of the Ancients.
First, for one thing do to the random nature of the game it would be sort of
difficult to judge scoring. Your scores would be as completely random as the
game, and wouldn't have much to do with skill other than the fact you beat
the game or level. If we were to do something like internet score posting it
would largely depend on who managed to get the right kind of random elements
to get the highest score. That is slightly unfair because it isn't based on
skill, but the luck of the draw.
Although, some people might like it this way.
Second, and more importantly, adding this feature back into the game would
be somewhat time consuming. I'd have to go back in and rewrite the get item
functions, kill enemy functions, and so on to support this feature. As I'm
well on my way to a 1.0 release I'm not going to really turn around and
spend x amount of time on this feature right now.
Although, it is a possability for a later release/upgrade.
Finally, I've got a number of classic games in mind for future projects like
a Castlevania, Double Dragon, or Megaman clone. Either of those would be
good to have scoring in. So perhaps not having it in MOTA, but in one of
those games might be a selling point.

*Smile*

database 4677 (20091210) __________

http://www.eset.com