Hi Liam,
There hasn't been an arcade mode for several betas. It has been gone so long I honestly can't remember which version was the last to have it. Plus all the discussion over weather it should be a classic 80's side-scroller verses a more 90's type side-scroller decided in favor of a more modern side-scroller format rather than an 80's arcade style.

HTH

Liam Erven wrote:
Could there be some soert of ability in a demo to say.  If you die in level
2, you can replay it again or something?  I do have to agree that getting
through level 1, and then dying in level 2 and having to restart is harsh.
I haven't played a beta in a while, so pardon me.  But is there no longer an
arcade mode?  I really liked that feature a lot in the earlier betas.