From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org]
On Behalf Of Liam Erven
Sent: 10 December 2009 12:18 AM
To: 'Gamers Discussion list'
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Saving Games in MOTA

Normally I don't way in here.  Usually I sit back and watch.
But Thomas I have to disagree.  All these projects you took on of your
own
choice.  No offense man, but I'm getting kind of tired of the poor
pitiful
me excuse for things.  You took on projects that were supposedly close
completion by the previous author.  I don't want to open another can of
worms, but I think most everyone knows that that wasn't true.  The
problem
comes in when people are not patient.  I know it, you know it.  We're
both
game developers.  However, stomping on the floor and acting like a 2
year
old is not going to help anyone at all.  Take a step back, and keep
working.
But, if your not happy with the community then don't do it.  As far as I
can
tell, noone is holding a gun to your head saying write these games or
else.
You've made the decision to program games.  So please.  Stop singing
poor
poor pitifil me.
Solution for your save game problem.  When the game opens. Check the
files.
Keep a version tag inside the file.  If they don't match. Erase the
files
and there ya go.  It's fairly straight forward to implament, and will
give
people their save and load options they want.

Please Note: This email and its contents are subject to our email legal notice