Hi Peter,
Fortunately, my Compaq notebook has never gotten so hot it started melting keys. That sounds very very bad. in fact, I've left mine on all night before doing a download or something and it was fine the next morning. Although, laptops in general aren't designed to be left on for hours at a time.

peter Mahach wrote:
they even have this cool tts voice but my sisters tushiba doesn't seem to have it. only anna. *sad* also to add to compac failures. a guy left his on for the night to... burn something I think. when he woke up one of the keys was very hot and it was falling off. he left it on for a while more, the keys started to melt. ok, now that is weird. my acer did go hot a few tmes but it hs a nice anty heat system where if it's too hot t'll cut power and not let you boot for a while.