Hi Dark,
Hmmm...I've had some pretty good luck with Toshiba laptops over the years. I've used a couple different moddels, and have no lasting complaints. My Compaq laptop on the other hand has had some rather serious hardware issues like a dvd rom drive that died a couple of months after I baught the laptop, and now the right shift key has stopped working. So I don't think I'd ever buy another Compaq, but would probably invest in another Toshiba in the future.