toshiba is sort of a favourite family make, my brothers' 9 year old machine is stil working, ---- as is my 7 year old one (though the fan needs replacing). I did once try an acer, but found it notoriously problematic and unrelyable compared to toshiba, ---- in fact, this laptop I'm using now which is four years old and in perfect working order is a toshiba.

Beware the grue!

dark.