same here.
I do aggree that I may get extra things and if things for us blind are avalible
I do ask for things.
I do  feel that we do take for granted that we are are entitled to things.
Probabley  because we are to some extent.
Ie the benifit, we get it because we are blind, all the equipment we get, we
have to prove we need it but we get it because we can't necessarily afford it
because we are blind.
All the extra classes skills for life tuition, mobility etc we get because we
are blind though there are limits on things when you are older.
we get a discount on transport because we are blind.
We get loats of things because we are blind.
however its easy to forget that although we get thest things most of these are
donationware.
So they are as fragile as a piece of cotton and don't take to much to break.
Recently in nz we had to fight to get exempt from jury service and again to
keep a benifit if we get a job, in the uk and us thats got issues a fact which
has been discussed on this list before.
also the government puts a lot into this sort of thing.
In the beginning I thought I was entitled to things but after reading loads on
these and others benifits actually use a lot of a countries budjet.
I am sure the government would like nothing better than to cut them, because of
the expence.
So I think we should see these things as a privilage rather than a right.
We get these things because we are blind but we keep getting these things in
general because we can and the country is doing quite well.
I for example have not been in a poor country which is not new zealand
australia, the us, the uk europe, etc.
and this thing is not perfect.
I am not even in my right mind right now, I still live at home.
So I imagion I won't feel to much issue for about another 20-30 years.
Never thought what I will do after my family goes kicking the bucket but its
crossed my mind at least once.
No way I will ever afford what I have here, the laptop, the net at its rates,
all the extras I have  right now.
THe benifit is not much really.
So its a mixed bag.
Because I am blind you get things and are entitled to them.
THe issue is keeping them, and for their future.
I wander how louis braille felt.
I read on that subject.
Back then blind people were helpless they didn't read.
They had no life.
In some places like holland they are giving to much and are suffering if the
news I read somewhere has me reading.
And in some places like norway again according to the news disabled people are
put in asilums because no one knows what to do they are all mental one place
and you stay there for your entire life.
Its easy to have your own little world, I am still half in mine and still need
to work on getting out.
So its not easy.