Hi Phil,
Thanks for the article. I definitely found it informative and
educational. I'm not sure if it helps me decide between DirectSound or
XAudio2, but it gives me an in depth technical blow by blow comparison
which comes in handy to know. It does sound like XAudio2 is definitely
the way of the future, and has lots of technical improvements over
DirectSound by a long shot. However, as usual it sounds like it has a
bit of a learning curve since it has a lot of new concepts and ways of
doing things.

Cheers!