Hi Shaun,
I believed I asked for an educated opinion about DirectSound verses
XAudio2, and your message is anything but educated on the subject.
First, of all I wasn't talking about the XNA Framework which is a .NET
based wrapper for the newer DirectX libraries such as XInput, XAudio,
and so on. Second, there is a difference between XAudio and XAudio2
that you probably aren't aware of. XAudio is an older library which
uses a tool called XAct to compile wav and wma files into special
soundbanks, with some default presets,   and isn't remotely
accessible. XAudio2 on the other hand is more like DirectSound where
you can load wav and wma files into sound buffers directly and allows
a developer to apply real time DSP effects and position sounds in 3d
via standard C++ code instead of requiring the use of XAct to setup
the audio environment and set default presets. Please, if you are
going to comment on a technical discussion at least research the topic
somewhat before diving in head first and talking out your backside all
the time.

Cheers!