hmmm well we already need dotnet for most things and directx is not to bad I
upgrade every so often anyway.
xna can be put into the installers its small as.
I already run entombed.
Ok so the down side?
dotnet stuff in general and xna stuff takes some time to load although you have
the advantage of incription on sounds entombed for example has their music in
wma and their sounds in xsb and xnb sound banks which I can't open.
on the other hand most don't have the hardware and so direct sound8 is ok
though most will need dx9c anyway for games in general.
I don't care any way.
Even though I don't have it I'd prefur that you had the support in case I
upgrade my hardware or just for room.
I hate games where they will only run on sertain systems.
Right now for example one friend has a load of old games that don't support hd
video.
they work but things stutter and systems reset and things go bonkas and so
every few days a reformat is needed, because some games don't run with the
hardware well.
Even if you had a detection for that support in there maybe even an option to
select the sound support.
I have good headsets I wander   if I could run full 3d like they do in shades
of doom.
in fact I may switch to that effect just to see.
unfortunately my hd card realtech does not have the full mutherload of memmory
the standard one has so i can't take advantage of its effects but I feel like a
bit of dooming now you mention it.