Hi Jim,
Well, I do pretty much the same thing. All of the games I'm working on
are of some particular interest to me personally. If that wasn't the
case I wouldn't have  continued working on them for this long. A
developer has to like what he's creating or there is no motivation to
make a decent game in the first place.