From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:07 AM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Types of RPG Games

I have in fairness heard people say it wasn't until the Snes that the final
fantasy series really took off plot wise, ---- in fact that from all the
plots of early games I've seen, the limitations of the power of the machines

basically meant they had as much plot as the average roguelike.

i remember once my brother briefly playing nes zelda, I saw the introduction

text and said "the evil wizard gannon has knicked off with the princess and
the tryforce, --- you must go through innumerable dungeons to stop him!"

My brothers' comment was "wow! you read that screen really well!" ;D.

It was probably the time when I grew up, considdering my brother was an rpg
freak, and ff7 was released when i was 14 in 1996, but it's the genre of
games I've most wanted to play for the exploration of world, it's characters

and back story, the chance to just wander around freely.

In fact, when I've finished my phd, I am seriously considdering learning
sufficient amounts of programming to create my own text rpg, ---- though
sinse this will probably take tuition and certainly will take time (judging
my bgt experiments that's fairly certain), i can't do that and! write a
seventy thousand word thesis without dying!

Btw, please ignore the Xenogears novelization. It was really a training for
me in how to write, and there's so much of it I now want to change it's
unbelieveable! I stil love the plot, ---- but not quite enough to read
through about a thousand odd pages of my own drivel to fix it, ---- much
less write the other several thousand pages it'd take to actually finish the

damnable thing!

Beware the grue!