Here are my thoughts, I think that text games are definitely awesome and
despite all the new stuff out I think more people play them then you think.
On Dragonrealms there are quite a few people on at all times. Now don't get
me wrong, I love dragonrealms it's a very awesome text based game and I pay
14 bucks a month and I have 2 accounts so times that by 2 and I'm also
thinking of upgrading tp premium which then I would be pay 40 bucks a month
just for one account. But I think it's worth it because of all the stuff you
can do on that game, you want bloody, gory, fantasy, real life, and more
just play dragonrealms.
But then again I keep going back to the sounds and whatnot games, this is my
problem with text based games, their too repetitive. Basically I get tired
of listen to constant streams of text and most of it repeats or otherwise,
but that's pretty much my only problem with them. But with games like final
fantasy and xeno gears/saga, I'm sorry but no matter what you do you won't
compete with them. Xeno gears was a positively awesome game up to the point
where the game I borrowed from my friend froze and I couldn't beat the last
boss (I was very angry). And Final fantasy is pretty much the king of all
rpgs for the time being. To compete with htem you would have to be a multi
millionaire with staff and developers at hand. Just not possible, but a 2000
or 3000 dollar project I would support definitely, I would donate to you if
you really decided to be serious about creating a game of that level.
Personally, I find entombed a little to confining sometimes. Stuck in that
dungeon and all, other then that it's a really awesome and fun game, and
it's also the beginning of the new age of blind accessible rpgs in my
opinion.
So, if you wanna make it or decide you have my support, I can't wait til a
game of that caliber comes out.