From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of dark
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 7:50 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: [Audyssey] financial colaboration was: a drastic change is needed
for audio games.

Hi tom.

Actually, while I know this was a rather exasperated joke, there may be
something in what you suggest, ---- at least as far as sounds go.

Sounds afterall, unlike programming libraries or developement tools, may be
used by any game dev around.

How about a donation scheme, sinse if 30 people donated ten usd, you'd have
enough for at least one of those cds'. The sounds could then be loaded onto
a password locked secure site, and the password could be given to
developers.

while, failing winning the lottery or a serious bank robbery, we might not
be able to raise the hundred grand or so necessary to pay you, ---- or
anyone else to make audio sf4, ---- scraping together 500 usd for some
royalty free sounds might not be quite so unreasonable if people work
together and are willing to donate a litle.

this is also why I propose the sounds be placed on a secure site with a
password which the major devs would have access to and would give out to
anyone demed as necessary, ---- sinse then your not just donating to one
person, but essentially to the entire community, and thus making all future
games better.

Beware the Grue!