Hi,
One comment--I do know he tried RailRacer, otherwise he's some kind of
genious who knows how to create RailRacer tracks without testing them and
they work.
Best Regards,
Hayden

-----Original Message-----
From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Charles Rivard
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 4:45 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] a drastic change is needed for audio games.

This is a fair answer and a fair offer.  Rather than always complaining 
like, "Why can't you guys create the games I want?", ask, "How can I help to

create the games I want?"
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Friday, May 28, 2010 2:23 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] a drastic change is needed for audio games.


> Hi Yohandy,
> Sigh...Weather you realise it or not, not  every accessible game out
> there is just another space invaders clone like Troopenum or Aliens in
> the Outback. Have you ever tried Entombed, Rail Racer, 3D Velocity, or
> Time of Conflict?
> All of these are newer accessible games just coming onto the
> accessible games market and while they are not mainstream quality they
> are certainly better than games like Troopenum.  I think you need to
> look at what is available instead of just assuming every single game
> is just another Space Invaders clone which they are not.
> However, you've convinced me we need to do something about this all
> the same. How about you put your wollet were your mouth is and do
> something about it for a change?
> Okay you say you want games like Street Fighter 4 if you agree to fit
> the bill for sounds, music, and pay me a yearly salary I'll go to work
> for you bright and early Monday morning. I'm absolutely serious. If
> you can give me a reasonable income, cover my medical, plus provide me
> the software and tools I need to create the next great Street Fighter
> 4 for the blind I'll do it, but I can't do it without money and an
> income to keep a roof over my head and cover living expenses. I'm not
> going to do it for free.
> You say the sounds in accessible games aren't good enough for you. How
> about purchasing the community a sound library of royalty free sounds
> from Sound Ideas.  Last time I checked a cd costs $$300 to $500 a pop.
> You can easily put $5,000 into a reasonable sound library jjust to get
> started making games. If you purchase them for me I'll use them. If
> not then you'll just have to put up with what I can afford on my
> budget.
> Basicly, I don't want to shoot your ideas down, be a wet blanket, but
> you have to get realistic.  Just because you want something to be a
> certain way doesn't mean it is realisticly feasable no matter how much
> you wish it to be otherwise.  If you believe that is feasable all I'm
> saying is put your money were your mouth is and make it happen or stop
> complaining about it. If it truly means that much to you personally
> then start by purchasing sounds, learn to program, and make a
> contribution rather than blaming us for failing to  reach your quality
> and standards.
>
> Smile.
>
>
> On 5/27/10, Yohandy <yohand...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> ok guys, I'm willing to hear your suggestions then. what do we do? just 
>> keep
>> things the way they are and never have any advancement where audio games 
>> are
>> concerned? don't shoot down my ideas, come up with some of your own. how
>> will things be different in a few years? they wouldn't be. it'll still be

>> a
>> 1 man developer job. so because it's hard does it mean it should never
>> happen? are most blind gamers destined to play space invaders clones 
>> forever
>> with mediocre sound effects? see the frustrating thing is most people on
>> here have nothing to compare the lack of great games to. Some of us here
>> grew up playing mainstream games, so we know what's out there and what's
>> possible, but many on here would be happy to play troopinam for years to
>> come with no complaints and it's simply frustrating. I think some people
>> here wouldn't care if we ever got good games or not because they're just
>> satisfied with what they already have and that's really sad, not because 
>> the
>> game is or isn't a good one, but because this level of resignation is 
>> what's
>> holding us back. then again, perhaps gamers are to blame? next time 
>> you're
>> considering spending your money on the newest shiniest iphone or blindy
>> product, how about purchasing an actual console and check out what's 
>> truly
>> out there gaming wise? then you guys can make your own decisions and
>> determine if I'm write or not. if there's no interest for this out there,
>> it'll never happen. If I had the money, I'd be at e3 every year and at 
>> every
>> gaming convention out there trying to make a difference instead of 
>> spending
>> it on iphones.
>>
>>
>
> ---
> Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
> If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to 
> gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
> You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
> http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
> All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
> http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
> If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the 
> list,
> please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org. 


---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to
gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.


---
Gamers mailing list __ Gamers@audyssey.org
If you want to leave the list, send E-mail to gamers-unsubscr...@audyssey.org.
You can make changes or update your subscription via the web, at
http://audyssey.org/mailman/listinfo/gamers_audyssey.org.
All messages are archived and can be searched and read at
http://www.mail-archive.com/gam...@audyssey.org.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the management of the list,
please send E-mail to gamers-ow...@audyssey.org.

Reply via email to