Certainly not about music, sinse game music is memorable in and of itself, ---- in fact the award winning soundtracks to Turrican 1 and 2 were probably what got me really interested both in games, and in music with symphonic sounds and weerd miner chords even though they only used the amigars less than steller hardware.

Now however, it's quite possible to have side scrollers like Q9 and Mota, which are much like Nes or Snes games such as castlevania etc, ---- but have modern, engaging sound effects to make the gameplay fun, which is deffinately a worthy thing for audio games to do I think.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:54 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] drastic change for audio games

Hi,
Right. It has nothing to do with memrability of the sounds/music of
those classic games. Sheesh, I know of some games where the sounds and
music are completely memrable. Super Mario, for example, is a game
where the music and sounds brings back many happy memories of my
childhood playing classic NES games.
No, what this has to do with is that for a totally blind gamer there
really isn't meaningful context in hearing boing, boing, boing or
boop, boop, boop when the player jumps, walks, or does something else.
the Sounds are pretty primative compared to the ultra realistic
soundscapes of today, but certainly are memrable.  There are all kinds
of fan sites out there for the classic arcade music and sounds.