people here get hal for school everyone else gets jaws, or windoweyes.
scanner software is k1000 which i am using right now though I can't afford it so I am trialing it.
its quite good for what it is.
At 08:09 p.m. 1/06/2010, you wrote:
Yep, Hal's ability to just flick off voice and keys ius one of my favourite features, particularly sinse there's none of that weerd mucking about with key grabbing you get in jaws.

It's possible for instance for me to play a game and read a walkthrough or manual at the same time by just flicking betwene one and the other, and turning Hal's voice on or off.

I must confess I would dislike not having this feature very much.

Beware the grue!

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, May 31, 2010 9:55 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] financial colaboration was: a drastic changeisneeded for audio games.

well the only reason I have jaws at all was it was funded for me because everyone here that works needs jaws aparently for some stupid crappy reason.
myself jaws 6 has been ok for what I have used it for.
Would I ever use it as a primary reader?
not on your life.
Sometimes it gives to much info and it can get buggy though its scripts for various instances work well as well as advanced ms office functionality.
I like hal as my reader for primary use.
my version is quite crappy and old but it does what I need it to do.
right now its been the only reader I can esentually make go away without making it go away fully.