Hi Dark,
Very interesting research there. I hadn't thought about it much, but
you are right. When it comes to passing laws protecting those with
disabilities, or making products meant to aid those with same
disability it would help to have a definition in place I.E. a standard
to go by that isn't just another bare minimum approach to the problem.
Just in our own disability, visual impairment, we have everything from
simple color blindness to total blindness. A person who is color blind
simply can not distinguish certain colors such as the difference
between green and brown or say blue and purple. Someone who is totally
blind can't see anything at all. Obviously being totally blind is more
serious, but is color blindness a disability?
Well, certainly color blindness would be a disability, and could be
problematic in certain cases. It might not effect that persons ability
to work, drive, or watch television, but it could effect his/her
ability to view certain web pages where they use color schemes that
don't take in acccount some of the commonly confused colors. In terms
of vidio games, for example, there are usually health or energy bars
that change color when the player's health status increases or
decreases. Someone has a problem seeing green and red wouldn't be able
to tell if the player's health is full or critical based on that color
scheme. So even though color blindness may be a miner disability it
still effects his/her life in some way.
I think when it comes to disability the hardest to prove and define
here are mental disabilities. All of us have our own level of
intelligence  which makes us unique. For example, when it comes to
spelling my wife can practically spell anything off the top of her
head. However, give her a basic math equation like solving the area of
a triangle, and you can forget it. Is that considered a disability?
So I think the definition of disability needs to be solved. We can
never make laws or create products aimed at a certain disability if we
don't even define what disability is. What does it mean to be
disabled.

Smile.