I think this might be better. The lonewolf idea, that is. This way if you plan to implement multiplayer it might be easier to deal with things. But I'm happy with either one. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Ward" <thomasward1...@gmail.com>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 4:24 PM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Star Trekk Games,both Final Conflict and Trekk 2000...

Hi Shaun,
Right. I use the Defiant quite a lot myself to run hit and run attacks
against the enemy forces.  I generally use the other ships of the
fleet to draw the enemy Romulans and Klingons out of hiding and then
unload on them. Usually it results in serious damage to the enemy
fleet.
Anyway, regarding the style of game play after reading Dark's post I
wonder if Final Conflict 2.0 should be a fleet strategy game at all.
Dark's idea is to make the game more like Lone Wolf where you command
one ship and carry out a number of missions in real time. I have to
say I'm rather excited about the concept and wonder what others think
about it. If enough people are interested I can quite easily rewrite
the game to use the genesis Engine to make a real time action game
like Bridge Commander or something like that. Now, that sounds cool to
me.

hmmm
well I like turn based myself realtime is good as long as you can
handle it I have played soundrts with a one column map but any bigger
than 4 columns and rows I find it hard to track or keep track.
on the other hand if  I know I have 12 ships I can have 2 of each say
going round the various enemy star systems say covering each of the 3
main oponents, have a couple or maybe 1 at each station and one or 2
at the shipyards or one on the shipyards and one on the borders.
though turn based means I need to think ahead.
right now I pull all my forces together and send defient at any
cardations or wait  for these to hit stations.
once I have the fleet I have 2 ships hit klingon and 2 hit romulan.
targets.
Ofcause usually the fleet have to handle these targets first,
sometimes my stations get it but I like running in deep space rather
than relying on my stations as long as I have one left.