Hi Thomas,
Sounds simple enough. But then how do you know where a room or level's exit is if all you know is the position you are at? For example, in Shades of Doom, especially, how do you know exactly where you are? What you described to me wouldn't be too bad for something like Treasure Hunt, where the room is more a grid. The only problem I would have there is going from room to room, actually knowing where I was going or supposed to be going. But with something like Shades of Doom where you literally turn around, you could be going in any direction, you could be moving forwards and sideways at the same time without realising it, etc. That's where I get hazy.
Regards,
Damien.

To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:38 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Important MOTA News

Hi Damien,
I see. Well, that's certainly understandable. Although, it is nothing
less than a crime that your primary school didn't properly educate you
when you were young. That's there purpose regardless if you are blind,
sighted, stupid, a genious, whatever. It is not up to them to decide
who does and does not get a quality education. What idiots.
That's just predgudist what they did to you in my book.
Anyway, fortunately, understanding coordinates isn't really that hard
to learn. It is a pretty straight forward subject and I could describe
it in a couple of para graphs. Think of it this way.
You have a line running from left to right or east to west. This line
is your x axis of movement. Now we are going to draw a line from front
to back or north to south. This line of movement is going to be our z
axis. Finally, we are going to draw a third line running from up to
down or top to bottom. This line will be our y axis. So now what you
have is three different coordinates x/y/z which provides you six
directions of movement in any direction you need to go.
So if you press the c key in a game and it says something like 15, 11,
22 that means you are 15 units east of the west wall, 11 units above
the ground, and 22 units north of the south wall. Does that make
sense?

Cheers!