Hi Zack,
Thanks for saying so. It is always nice to know someone else actually
shares my opinions.
As for going back to Windows I don't see that realistically happening.
For one thing I can't afford to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010 Pro, it
isn't very accessible to boot, and I'd much rather use open source
development tools like MinGW and Codeblocks rather than return
Microsoft's over priced, increasingly less accesible ones, just to
produce games for a platform I no longer use daily.
Besides that I'm sure we can produce something fairly decent with the
engine we now have. It is just a matter of debugging certain issues
like the crashes on exit, maybe adjust some settings in OpenAL to try
and get a more natural sounding pan effect, find a better way to
handle input, whatever. I'm sure it all can be done with what we have
once we test and debug it a bit. I don't think we really have to go
back to DirectX etc to produce a good commercially viable game.