Hi,

Oh, yeah. Some of the very early Star Wars games were cheesy. At least
compared to todays standards.

For example, one of the first Star Wars games I remember playing was
Empire  Strikes Back for the Atari 2600 around 1982 or 1983. At the
time as a kid of about five or six it was totally frosted. Not long
ago I got out the Atari and was playing ESB with my son and the game
just seamed like a joke. The sounds, arcade music, etc all were just
lame. I could recreate the game and make it 100 times better just by
using actual Star Wars music, authentic sounds, etc. However, that's
all we had in the 1980's though.

Of course, the worst Star Wars game I have ever played was the Jedi
light saber game they had out in the 80's. It was basically a black
screen with two light sabers on it. A remote would fly back and  forth
on screen and you had to deflect its shots. Lame, lame, lame, lame!

Smile.