Hi Dark,

Lol! I take your meaning. I always did think the knife in Shades of
Doom was a bit too long. Its like a ssmall sword their.

For example, this weekend I spent a little time playing around with a
possible clone of Mysteries of the Sith, and created a sample level
for testing out some game mechanics. I set Mara's saber range to 6
feet which is probably pretty close to the actual length of a saber
with someone's arm extended. Even though it is a close range weapon as
wapons goes that didn't help the poor storm troopers I used as target
practice. I have already got the code in place to block blaster bolts
which worked most of the time, and I just basically walked up to them
and chopped off their heads with the light saber.  Lol!

Oh, and I might add that wasn't the worst thing I did. I'm creating a
weapon cclass for the rail gun, that's a type of rocket launcher in
the Jedi Knight games,  and gave Mara 100 rockets, yes 100 rockets to
start with. I basically walked around the level blowing troopers apart
wwitch didn't stand a chance with their puny blaster rifles. One
rocket alone was enough to kill them instantly. Talk about over kill.
Lol!

As for drawing things to actual scale I think it helps me personally
conceptionalize the level bettr if things are drawn to actual scale
rather than reduced in size. Using 30 elements of an array to
represent a 30 foot wall makes more sense than using 3 elements of an
array and saying it is 30 feet of wall is a bit harder to
conceptionally imagine when drawing the level maps. Although, drawing
the level itself is easier/quicker because you don't have to do as
much work drawing the maps if it is smaller.

Cheers!