To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Monday, December 06, 2010 9:33 PM
Subject: [Audyssey] 22k vs 44k, was: Re: Creating game levels to scale?

***constructive critisyzm follows***
Um. I thought we were supposed to make audio games more mainstream like? but
yet, it seems as though we're still restricting our selves in a way? I
understand how older games used to drop sound qualitydue to size. But now,
even most mainstream games are using cd quality 44100khz 16 bit sound. I
personally see a major experience improvement with that kind of quality.
That's one reason I so love work that liam and phillip did with the sounds
being so hq. MOTA also used to be like this, but with b14 I did notice that
drop of quality which I really don't  like. if this is such a major problem
just use something like ogg to compress the size. Seriusly!