Hi Phil,

Yeah, that was what I was thinking. i just played through a couple
levels of Shades of Doom to get a handle on what David Greenwood did,
and it seams sounds are triggered by the doors themselves. As soon as
you open a door you can hear the monsters and equipment in the room
when it was silent before. As you pointed out even though you closed
the door again you can still hear the monsters moving around in there,
but they are muffled. I'd have to figure out how to code this into the
engine, but it sounds like a good idea.