From: gamers-boun...@audyssey.org [mailto:gamers-boun...@audyssey.org] On
Behalf Of Phil Vlasak
Sent: 06 December 2010 02:32 PM
To: Gamers Discussion list
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Creating game levels to scale?

Hi Thomas,
I think the GMA engine keeps sounds inside a room quiet until you open a
door between the two regions.
Then even if you close the door, the sounds in the room are audible.
So the sounds are triggered by opening doors if there is one instead of
walking into a region.
If no door, then the distance fades sounds, but in a 2d you never hear
sounds from rooms above.
You could put a variable on each door to identify that it was between region

1 and 2 and if opened, then that would trigger the visited flag and turn on
the sounds to region 2.