They may not know how to make the games accessible. Saying that it will cost money that they don't have might be referring to the cost of paying programmers to make changes that are costly, not knowing that all they would have to do is to label buttons. How about suggesting ways they can make their games accessible that they may not be aware of, and see what their response is? If a company says that they are looking into making games accessible, ask them what they have found out so far, and suggest ways to make their games blind friendly that will put them on the right path, then wait for a bit and contact them again, asking on the progress. Point out to them how large of a customer source they are missing out on by not following through. Baby Boomers are getting to the age at which they might begin to lose vision, but still want to be a gamer. That's a whole bunch of folks, isn't it?

---
Laughter is the best medicine, so look around, find a dose and take it to heart. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Tj Squires" <t...@tjsquires.net>
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Saturday, January 15, 2011 11:20 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Could someone please help?

It doesn't cost money?  Darn.  I bought it back in the day.

Anyway, it's really not that hard with a little memorization. While I totally agree with you that people should push for active accessibility on apps, I also believe we should meet them half way. Meaning we should go the extra mile if an app is like pretty accessible and we can figure it out, (shoot them a note with there acessibility faults yeah), but don't complain about it. If an app is completely crutial to your survival, sure, ralley and send begging letters. As you'll probably either know or find out, some companies like soul trapper will steadfastly refuse, and others will say their looking into it to please us, and others still will make them accessible. I don't agree that we should all spam the developers. A patition maybe.