Hi Shaun,

True. BGT and G3D will definitely open a lot of doors for new game
developers etc, but there still will be plenty of room for qualified
game programmers.

One of the big reasons is Mac OS is slowly but surely becoming more
popular with VI computer users. Engines like BGT currently has no
support for Mac OS and Linux at this time, and the few developers like
Draconis and USA Games will most likely get there before anyone else
does just because we are looking at switching to Mac OS as our
platform of choice. In the case of Draconis Josh and Cara both use Mac
OS, and I'm undecided if I want to invest in a MacBook next time round
or get another IBM compatible PC with Linux OS on it.

All the same it is an emerging market that so far has not been very
well explored by game developers. The developers who depend on BGT or
Visual Basic will never be able to reach those other markets just
because the technology they use doesn't support it. Those who know
Python, Java, or C++ will be able to tap those markets if they have a
mind too.

Cheers!