Hi Thomas,

Just to enter in this discussion a little. I am actually considering buying a Mac when I have enough money saved up. I'm not very interested in Linux, so I believe that when I do eventually begin the work of porting BGT to another platform it'll be on Mac to start with.

Kind regards,

Philip Bennefall
To: "Gamers Discussion list" <gamers@audyssey.org>
Sent: Sunday, January 23, 2011 2:49 AM
Subject: Re: [Audyssey] Heli

Hi Shaun,

True. BGT and G3D will definitely open a lot of doors for new game
developers etc, but there still will be plenty of room for qualified
game programmers.

One of the big reasons is Mac OS is slowly but surely becoming more
popular with VI computer users. Engines like BGT currently has no
support for Mac OS and Linux at this time, and the few developers like
Draconis and USA Games will most likely get there before anyone else
does just because we are looking at switching to Mac OS as our
platform of choice. In the case of Draconis Josh and Cara both use Mac
OS, and I'm undecided if I want to invest in a MacBook next time round
or get another IBM compatible PC with Linux OS on it.

All the same it is an emerging market that so far has not been very
well explored by game developers. The developers who depend on BGT or
Visual Basic will never be able to reach those other markets just
because the technology they use doesn't support it. Those who know
Python, Java, or C++ will be able to tap those markets if they have a
mind too.

Cheers!

yeah and only gona get worse.
Now with bgt almost anyone that has a mind to can program without any
real fuss.
Then with things like the g3d engine people can program without
having to spend months on writing loads of things.
Game creation engines and kits are the way of the future and we have
at least  2 of them going in the works one out allready and rocking.