Hi,

I'm not sure about that. It seams to me a lot of people have problems
with Shades of Doom, Sarah, etc. I've never thought of them as very
hard, but still many others do have the problem. So using them for
virtual o&m training might not be the best idea.

However, I am fairly good at general o&m and I use the very same
skills in games. I use certain landmarks to identify where I am. Most
of the rooms have different things in them, providing a unique
ambience,  so it is usually easy to figure out where you are just by
sound alone. Since I do use my own o&m training to play a lot of these
more advanced games I'm rather surprised many can't do the same.

Cheers!