On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 01:19:19PM -0600, Charles Rivard wrote:
> Am I missing something, and maybe not looking at it right or not
> understanding something, but don't these companies realize that if
> they made these programs available to more developers, and at a
> lower cost, the number of games available for their systems would
> vastly increase?, and so would their income?

[My Reply:]

        They have to consider the shelf-life of the console, with other
systems being developed.  The PS2 gained market control over Nintendo,
was only because Sony had a monopoly on the DVD reader hardware, and the
PS2's backwards compatibility with the PS1 was a definite help.

        They could create the console and charge less to develope for
it, but lose their investment shirts if tomorrow some other company
comes out with a console with better whatever.  Company X could release
their console with Tekken 5000, and wipe out our console in a day.

                                Michael

--
Linux User:     177869 # Powered By: Intel # http://rivensight.dyndns.org