Hi Michael,

Michael wrote:

       They could create the console and charge less to develope for
it, but lose their investment shirts if tomorrow some other company
comes out with a console with better whatever.  Company X could release
their console with Tekken 5000, and wipe out our console in a day.

My reply:

Yes, and that's exactly a big reason Atari went belly up in the
1980's. When Atari got started they were pretty much the only console
on the market, but it wasn't long before Coleco, Nintendo, and Sega
blew them out of the water. I know from personal experience when the
Coleco came on the market all of the Coleco version of the games such
as Donkey Kong, Mouse Trap, Smirfs, Zaxxon, etc had much better
graphics than the Atari 2600 so I scrapped my Atari and switched to
Coleco. To add insult to injury the Coleco also came with an Atari
adapter that you could plug into the unit and play Atari 2600 games in
addition to the Coleco games. There was no way Atari could compete
with a console like that. Oh, they tried. They released the 7800 which
had decent graphics for the time like the Coleco, but by then Nintendo
had put their original console out and Atari was toast.

Cheers!