Hello Thomas and Ryan.  I do note that Ryan is correct insofar as a number
of CS programs appear to be experimenting with Python for their basic
algorithm classes because of its directness and interactive nature.  I'm
unqualified to weigh in on the technical debate except to note that Qwitter
and NVDA may not be comparable in complexity of resource usage to a
high-performance audio game.  It does look like there are alternate
(better?) sound libraries available, but I'm not even to the point of sound
design at this time, as I'm de-rustifying programming chops that are twenty
years old and predate the prevalence of object-oriented programming.  I get
the basic intent of OO, but have never done it extensively, so there's a
learning curve.  Python class usage appears much simpler than C++ and the
like.

My biggest problem is wrapping my brain around a language without overt
usage of pointers, something I got really good at back when rocks were soft.

Anyway, I don't want to get into a detailed technical discussion on a games
list as it's now definitely headed off topic.  Perhaps I should sign up for
the blind programmer's list.  Anyone have the subscription address?  On a
related note, if you have any web-based resources for learning how to code
AIs, I'd be interested to learn more about how folk have done that.

        Christopher Bartlett