HI Phil,

Here's the problem with that tech support post. Its for Windows Vista
not Windows 7. There is no classic view in the Windows 7 control
panel!!!

There is a hack available where you can type a command into run in
Windows 7 to access the  32-bit control panel items, but even so if
you set anything else other than Anna as default some apps will crash
on startup. The 32-bit voices are simply not very compatible with
64-bit Windows 7 I'm afraid. I'm dealing with this issue right now
with a client I'm working with and we haven't found a satisfactory
answer that properly makes Sapi 5 voices other than Anna work
correctly without trying various hacks, and even then its not exactly
going to work perfectly with everything.