well it looks like then tom that when I upgrade to 7 I will request I have 32 bit. Even though this may mean me having to get and make driver cds of my stuff from toshiba.
Hmmm at least I will get speech and such since sound still works by default.
I found that quite usefull.
On a new system we use I installed only 1 manufacturer spaciffic driver for the sound card.
Everything else was from the intel site and was not customised at all.
Works well.