Hi Hayden,

Oh, I know. Especially, if you toss the comicbooks and games into the picture.

For example, at the end of the Hand of Thrawn series Luke asks Mara to
marry him, and she says yes. However, if you want the actual story
when, where, and how they got married that is in the Star Wars
comicbooks. In the issue the Unity I think. Right after that comes the
New Jedi Order which naturally has Luke and Mara married, and Mara
pregnant with Ben Skywalker. So the Star Wars cannon is all over the
place and in multiple sources and media including comics, books,
games, movies, etc which does get to be confusing if you miss
something.

For instance, I'm working my way through the Knights of the Old
Republic series. Well, besides the books part of the history is
contained in the Knights of the Old Republic video games which isn't
fair to us since we can't play or enjoy the video game history.
Personally, I wish they didn't always include game history as actual
cannon as it makes the books harder to follow if you have a certain
comicbook that leads into a series or a video game that accompanies
the series that we can't play. You will be reading something and ask
yourself, "when did this happen?" Only to find out from the
Starwars.com website that the author is making reference to comicbook
issue x from series x and so on.

Cheers!