Hi Charles,

Yeah, but I was thinking more of the companies who made accessible
gaming what it is today. For instance,
ESP was a driving force 10 years ago, but ESP Softworks is gone and
although Draconis has assumed control of ESP there hasn't been
anything really new from them for at least three years. BSC Games was
also a driving force 8, 9, 10 years ago and now that Justin is working
full time there hasn't been anything in the works since Castle Quest
was canceled. Dan pretty much quit developing games, released
everything as abandonware, and now works full time at a college as I
recall. I know that real life takes priority over game development,
know that better than anyone, but still I can't help feel like
something is gone/missing from this community. We need something more
than Blastbay Studios, USA Games, and the ocational game from Jim
Kitchen to keep the community going. I hope now that BGT is out we
start seeing something like what we saw 5 to 10 years ago where people
were creating lots of games and style of games like Side-scrollers,
Pinball games, FPS Shooters, etc.

Anyway, when it comes to time it takes to create a game of any serious
quality I definitly can write the book on that story. I've been
working on an engine, of various versions, for about three years, and
have hjust now finally produced what I think will be a fully
cross-platform portible version of the G3D Engine based on SDL 1.2.13
and FMOD 4.32. At least MOTA beta 19 seems to work decently on both
Windows and Linux now aside for a few bugs. Which does bring up a
funny story.

A couple of days ago I was testing MOTA beta 19 when I loaded up the
game Angela couldn't walk, run, jump, and was basically stuck in one
spot. I spent two entire days driving myself crazy trying to figure
out why something that was working an hour earlier just stopped
working. Turns out I forgot I had updated the level data file, and for
some reason when I saved it was empty.  As a result nothing was
initialized when the game loaded. When I copied the original data file
over to the levels directory the game loaded up and ran perfectly. So
I had to make the changes and resave it. Lol!