Hi Damien,

Right. That's exactly why I didn't name names or specifically point
out the new games I didn't like. I don't want to put the developer
down for giving it his or her best. I remember all to well there was a
time I was exactly where they were when starting out, and it is
certainly not helpful for a more experienced dev to put their work
down when they are just beginning.

I realise it is my personal expectations are just too high. As was
pointed out on list earlier now that there have been games like Shades
of Doom, Rail Racer, Entombed, Time of Conflict, and other more
complex audio games released I want to see more games like that. When
a new game comes out that is very simple I can't help but feel a
little disappointed that there isn't more games of the quality I am
looking for. Of course, I know the reason is that as you pointed out
we are talking about amateur developers, with an average education,
with little to know experience, trying to get off the ground and
therefore aren't ready to take on a project like Troopenum yet let
alone Shades of Doom or something as complex as Time of Conflict.

Cheers!