Hi Damien,

You are right. What all of this does come down to is personal
preference.  Which is always  what is the real issue   behind the
arguments being made here on list.  My preferences obviously aren't
the same as Jim, Jeremy, etc and my reasons for not using VB 6 are
more valid  taken in my personal context rather than theirs.

Fir instance, you said you didn't like Windows Vista. Since the user
interface in Windows 7 is exactly the same as Vista I doubt you would
like it any better. As for myself I like the U.I. changes in Windows 7
over XP, but there are things I don't like such as the 3d arrow
interface that eats 1 GB of ram and slows a 3.6 GHZ  system way down
to the speed of perhaps a 1 GHZ system just to run all that extra
graphical animations and so on. So while I do like the changes in U.I.
I certainly don't appreciate giving over more ram and processor power
to run it though.  Weather Windows 7 is better or worse than XP is
purely a matter of point of view.