Hi Dark,

Well, I'm actually working on a three month release schedule right
now. Give or take 90 days assuming I don't get side tracked with
things in my personal life etc. I'm looking at a release either in
August or September, but don't quote me on that. As these things can
very from day to day depending on how much time I have to work on the
game, weather or not issues are encountered, etc but I can clearly see
the finish line ahead as we are working on the game and the fine
details. Which brings us back to the discussion of the engine vs game.

You are right. When I wrote the changelogs I wasn't too clear what was
engine stuff and what was game stuff. Since they are interconnected I
just dumped all of that into one changelog, and released it as changes
for MOTA version x. Which made it unclear for everyone not directly
working on the project.

However, to clarify some things here. Beta 18 was pretty much the end
of the development of the Windows G3D engine, but beta 19 was an
attempt to test the Linux or cross-platform engine which didn't work
out too well. There were essentually no changes to MOTA between beta
18 or 19 since most of the changes were related to the engine itself.
With beta 20 its basically beta 18 with a few changes and bug fixes
that were applied to the cross-platform engine, and needed to be done
to the Windows engine. Other than that nothing is different between
MOTA beta 18 and MOTA beta 20. Does that make sense?

At this point though the engine itself is done. You can stick a fork
in it as they say. This summer, or what's left of it, is specifically
devoted to adding game levels, adding end user registration, and
perhaps  sorting out this voice issue. that's not exactly what I would
consider a great deal of work regardless of how it sounds.

For instance, once I figure out what voice to use it might take me two
perhaps three days to rerecord, edit, and drop in the new voice files.
I don't think saving me two or three days of work is going to effect
or delay the final release too much. That's why I just feel like you
are protesting something that is really no big issue. Two or three
days of work won't greatly knock us off schedule as it is pretty small
potatoes. I can work on the voices tomorrow or do it just before I
release rc1. It is one of those things I can do at any time during the
next three months.

HTH