Hi Phil,

Yes, the reason I stopped using Heather is the Acapella engine has
difficulty pronouncing various words. For example, I'd try to get
Heather to say Centaur and it would say something totally off the
wall. I'd then break it into two different words like cent and
tore,and Heather would say something close to Centaur but you could
here where I broke the word into two different words. There were other
weird problems like you might have a word like torch and she'd say
tork. It took me forever to try and get her to say torch correctly.
Finally, I gave it up because the voice was a pain to get to work
correctly.

As for speech rate here is the funny thing. Acapella Heather and
Scansoft Tom were recorded at the same rate. That is according to the
Text Aloud settings. However, at that same rate Tom does sound faster
or more clipped so I think each TTS voice/engine handles those
settings differently.