hmmm.
Ron, I'd say just chuck the whole thing out here.
However since the issue release seems to only be one every time you remember, or something, hmmm I don't know.
Origionally I think there was like  a 4 times a year schedual.
But the mag comes out so infrequently now barely twice a year that I think it should be reduced. There is almost no need for the letters section or the emails sections as these are shoved on the list.
There is almost no need for the mag apart from the articles sections.
I am not even sure if the game relases are even needed since most of them when we get them are really old and outdated. Except for the few that may not have net access the jmajority of game releases letters and announcements appear on audiogames.net and this list. There are so many opensource and freeware companies now that there are to many to count. There are no more than 6 or so comercial companies that exist, and only 5 of those actually still exist, well maybe there is more 6 existing, within this group, most of them bar usagames and lworks are still realeasing stuff hmmm and xsight the rest have not released stuff in ages.
I am not saying stop the mag  or anything.
Neither am I trying to bash you for not doing your job or anything but I strongly feel something needs to happen on that front.
When the mag started  there was no net, Even I read it.
However after about 2005 or so loads of people went broadband there is now literally loads of things going on, disks and such are gone.
Its the age of the cd, dvd and blueray disk as well as flash disk.
Its also the age of the digital download.
Development has slowed to barely a crawl.
With most of the devs either out of business, sitting on their buts as far as the rest probably cares or working on their projects without putting out any news, and a few other things the major community as it stands comercially is quite dead and bare. Jim kitchen is the only person doing any real stuff and that has slowed its mostly been data updates.
Spoonbill is doing something still.
Both draconis, pcs and gma are aparently still in development but no real news as of yet. Xsight is in development and is active right now though nothing new has come out lately.
Well not since january I think.
Lworks is still active though with liam doing a job running slower than usual.
Bavisoft is dead and code factory has shifted its focus away from pc games.
Usagames is still in the running.
Blastbay that was pb games has created bgt which has managed to keep us alive with opensource free projects. Audiogames.net and its forums have sporned loads and loads of small devs which have kept the game industry alive though no real big things have come out for a bit at least not enough to call the community fully alive.
I am not sure what of the old system is still running.
Presume dungions and draggons is still active though with the mag only twice a year stories are well taking one only good space in the mag. Most series like imortal gamer and game rescue unit are done which was the reason I really read the mag.
So hmmm I really am not sure where to go from here.
I do think something needs to be done with the mag though.
I think well am sure that what we get on the mag is more up to date than the mag is now. We almost need something set so we can have something out more than twice a year, granted more than 1 person will need to edit it or release it in a timly manner. Then again, we have so much free stuff now that we will need to concerntrate on things. I guess if we start including links to forums and things on some of the free games like aprones stuff and such things like the mods etc that may be a new thing but The mag is deffinetly getting shorter.