true tom.
At 06:54 a.m. 2/08/2011, you wrote:
Hi Will,

I don't know where you get six years from. I started Mysteries of the
Ancients in 2008. As far as I can see 2008 to 2011 doesn't add up to
six years of development time do you?

Anyway, to answer your question the reason I'm putting out the public
betas instead of holding off for 1.0 is that people can test it and
point out bugs and issues I otherwise might overlook. If I released
1.0 without these public betas there may be some bugs or issues I
overlooked and I'd in a sense be doing then what I'm already doing now
in testing the game after the fact.

HTH