Hi,

Yes, I have a private testing team, but I've discovered that even with
a private test team bugs, issues, etc will get through that a the
wider community might notice and thus I can fix the issue faster than
if weeks go by without a private tester stumbling on a certain bug or
issue.

The other reason I use public betas is I'm quite at home with that
style of testing. Many people know that I generally use Linux as my
primary OS of choice at home. One of the things Linux software
developers do differently from Windows developers is they always make
alphas and betas of the latest software available to the Linux
community for testing and public review, comment, and so on. I believe
this open approach to testing and problem solving is what makes the OS
and its applications so stable and reliable. Linux developers don't
rely on a handful of handpicked testers, but let the world wide
community test it and offer constructive feedback as to what did and
didn't work, what needs fixed, and so on. Generally an open testing
polacy offers certain kinds of feedback you can not and will not get
from a smaller team.

Now, obviously if someone doesn't want to test the software they don't
have to. I make no promises that a beta will be stable, work properly,
or is in any way complete. That's why it is a beta.