HI Shaun,

That's because I wasn't too concerned about Final Conflict. For starts
it was free, and I didn't pay for sounds, music, or put a lot of
effort into the game. It was for me mainly a practice game to get use
to .Net, Managed DirectX, etc before taking on something more complex.
As a result I didn't really care what people did with it to begin
with.

Second of all, Star Trek is copyrighted by Paramount and the price
they wanted to charge me to legally licence the Star Trek trademark,
sounds, music, etc cost far more than I felt I would get out of
selling the game. Unlike Lucas they gave me permission to go ahead and
release the game provided it was free of charge and I stipulated the
usual trademark information. As a result I could develop the game,
release it, but I really didn't have any legal control over the game
or the sounds so even if I didn't want people modding it I didn't have
any legal control over the sounds etc. So I didn't bother protesting.

Finally, I have a couple of the soundpacks that were produced and they
were very decent. That said, I noticed whoever put together some of
the soundpacks don't know much about Star Trek as I do as I noticed
they used the wrong clackson for the Soverign-Class when I used the
correct one from Star Trek 8, but what could I say? I actually liked
some of the STFC soundpacks even if some of the sounds were not quite
right.

Cheers!